• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vee's Grandson

Vee's Grandson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:51 AM

Roots Magic is frozen on my Grandma's MacBook. She's running version 7. I think it's installed over WINE, not certain as I didn't do the installation. I might be able try to force quit the application and restart, but as I'm not really a Mac or WINE person I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Daniel  :unsure:

#2 Robert-Leigh:Pritchett

Robert-Leigh:Pritchett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:06 AM

Always force quit. It is always a good idea on the Mac. There really is no other choice until they give us RM8. You will not hurt the database by dong that. However, run the database tools when you go back into RM7.

If the database seems to be messed up, GedCom export the file and then bring it back in. Cleans up a lot of scruff with RM7 on the Mac. The other option is to export the database to a PC (or the PC mode on the Mac, if that is used) to clean up the database running the database tools there. The Mac version of RM7 does not clean up all the scruff and I found the only effective way is to export to GedCom format and then import that file back.  

#3 Vee's Grandson

Vee's Grandson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:01 AM

Thank you! Force Quitting and restarting was all that was necessary. The database integrity was intact, so no further action was taken. Have a great day Robert-Leigh, you made mine better.

#4 Robert-Leigh:Pritchett

Robert-Leigh:Pritchett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:48 AM

Excellent!