4 replies to this topic

#1 Malcolm Perrins

Malcolm Perrins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:54 AM

I have the following sentence:

[couple:full:caps] <#Couple#was|were> married<<?[place]|. The Wedding Ceremony><, conducted by [Minister],><, conducted by [Priest],>><?[place]| took place>< [Date]>< [placedetails]>< [place]><?[Bride Consent]|. [Bride Consent] gave parental consent to allow the marriage as [Wife] was under the age of consent, being [Wife:age] years old><?[Groom Consent]|. [Groom Consent] gave parental consent to allow the marriage as [Husband] was under the age of consent, being [Husband:age] years old><. [desc]><. [Bridesmaids] were Bridesmaids><. [Bridesmaid] was a Bridesmaid><. [Best Man] was the Best Man><. [Groomsman] was a Groomsman><. [Matron of Honor] was the Matron of Honor><. [Maid of Honor] was the Maid of Honor><. The Marriage was solemnized in the presence of [Witness] <#Witness#who |who each >signed the Register as a witness><. The Marriage was solemnized in the presence of [Witnesses] each of whom signed the Register as a witness><. [Giver of The Bride] gave the bride away>.

My issue is that the output the body text for the bride creates the below sentence that misses the groom's age:

Mary Wood gave parental consent to allow the marriage as Elizabeth Hough was under the age of consent, being 20 years old. Charles T. Marsden gave parental consent to allow the marriage as James Edward Marsden was under the age of consent, being years old.

The sentence output for the groom misses the bride's age.

The roles [Wife] and [Husband] are picked up in the output of the sentence but not for the bride when viewing the groom and vice versa when the age field option is used.

What caused the age of the other partner to miss the number of years?

I did not experience any similar issue with TMG. Is it a bug? I'm using Version 7 for Mac.

#2 Malcolm Perrins

Malcolm Perrins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 04:48 AM

As a work around I have altered the sentence by the addition of >< shown in red below.

<?[Bride Consent]|. [Bride Consent] gave parental consent to allow the marriage as [Wife] was under the age of consent><, being [Wife:age] years old><?[Groom Consent]|. [Groom Consent] gave parental consent to allow the marriage as [Husband] was under the age of consent><, being [Husband:age] years old>

#3 Malcolm Perrins

Malcolm Perrins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 04:57 AM

The work around was not successful so I have reverted back to the original sentence structure.

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6255 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 05:54 AM

Is this a family-type custom fact type?

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6255 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 06:24 AM

Looks to me that the :age modifier only functions on the subject person, i.e., the person whose sentence is being output, not the other Principal and certainly not on other roles. I recollect this as being a known limitation for which a long-standing request for an enhancement is on the list. Don't hold your breath.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.