2 replies to this topic

#1 pstaveley

pstaveley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:14 AM

Through the excellent reports in RM I found a number of individuals with the wrong Living Flag in both directions, i.e. shown as living when they are dead and shown as not living when they are living.

I have corrected these in RM but there does not appear to be any method of changing the status of that individual on Ancestry using TreeShare. Obviously the flag appears in RM when it is downloaded from Ancestry so it must be in the API but is there any reason why it cannot be updated, or am I missing something?

Peter

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3444 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:33 AM

I wonder if the living flag is really downloaded from ancestry via an initial TreeShare sync. It may be that instead that RM calculates it based on the other data in the initial download. For example, if you enter by hand someone with a birth date of 1980 and no death date the living flag will be set one way automatically, and if you enter by hand someone with a birth date of 1980 and a death date of 1981 the living flag will be set the other way automatically. The living flag may work the same way upon initial TreeShare download. Heavy users of TreeShare may know the answer.

Jerry

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8335 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:37 AM

The living flag is sent along with any information you update on Ancestry. There isn't a specific checkbox to send the living flag setting. 

Renee
RootsMagic