1 reply to this topic

#1 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3332 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:41 PM

I wish RM had an offline mode for using the product when Internet access is not available. The offline mode should suppress any and all attempts by RM to contact the Internet and should suppress any and all messages about the Internet not being available or sign-ons failing or anything that.

I further wish that the offline mode be EXTREMELY easy to turn on and off, not being an option under Tools or anything like that. Instead, there should be a prominently placed button, for example on the the tool bar, that you can click to turn RM's Internet access on or off. The button should clearly display the CURRENT state, not the state to which you would go if you clicked it. For example, it should say INTERNET IS ON or INTERNET IS OFF or something of the kind that is completely clear. And clicking the button should just flip the state without asking any silly questions about whether I want to do it or not. When I flip a light switch on the wall at my house, the light switch does not ask me if I really mean it. It just does it. That's a user friendly mode of operation which the proposed RM online/offline mode should emulate.

Jerry

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8244 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:03 PM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic