8 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Harris

Paul Harris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:59 AM

I have an individual in my database that will not let me run an Individual Summary report on her. When I attempt to do so, she has the ability to interrupt it with a "Range check" error. I have run all database maintenance processes, yet she still crashes the program when I try to run the report.

Any ideas?

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3493 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:07 PM

Drag and drop everybody to a fresh "as a test" database and try from there.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 Paul Harris

Paul Harris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:09 PM

Drag and drop everybody to a fresh "as a test" database and try from there.

Gave that a try and it seems to have cured the old gal of her resistance. I have been aware of this procedure, but have never used it until now. Can I be confident that everything came over? Nothing left behind?

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6436 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:03 PM

There is a flurry of topics in which today's advice was to drag'n'drop or export to a new database. You are the only one to ask if everything comes over. Not every data field does so what you lose depends on which data fields you used. I compiled a fairly comprehensive list at https://sqlitetoolsf...ransfer-losses/

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3493 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:10 PM

You might try to restore a most-recent backup (or two) to some folder other than your current and see if it/they perform correctly. If so, Backup your latest and then maybe just drag and drop that individual from the earlier database to the latest and compare, or merge or re-link in place of troublesome one. Just another experiment

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8724 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:03 AM

Are you using version 7.5.9.0 under Help>About RootsMagic?

Renee
RootsMagic

#7 Paul Harris

Paul Harris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:36 PM

Are you using version 7.5.9.0 under Help>About RootsMagic?

Yes, I am using that version.

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8724 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:07 AM

If you are including citations, try endnotes instead of footnotes. Otherwise it looks like a drag n drop would work. If you don't want to drag n drop the whole database just drag n drop her into a new database. Delete her from the old one and add her back. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#9 Paul Harris

Paul Harris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:29 AM

Renee, that's exactly what it was–footnotes! Great advice that I will keep in mind, but I have already plowed on with so much work in the drag & drop database that I can't go back.  :huh: