124 replies to this topic

#121 BradleyinDC

BradleyinDC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 09:47 AM

There are utility programs (the old Magician comes to mind) that is good at find and letting you delete the remnant bits and pieces

if a functional version is ever released, mac users will gain greatly. we would have real mac menus and functions instead of constant error messages and kludge responses. Once compiled the program should run well if properly programmed. Some risk here from a windows centric company. The current very rough beta was not functional in my hands and Bruce needs clear instructions on uninstalling it and all components. I kept find bits and pieces over several days.

#122 Rooty

Rooty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 09:58 AM

There are utility programs (the old Magician comes to mind) that is good at find and letting you delete the remnant bits and pieces

On the mac, cleanmymac x $35/yr and appcleaner free work well at finding and offering to delete a program in the applications folder and its various scattered components. FindAnyFile Free..$ will use any unique program name strings to find stray bits (ie RM8; codered; etc). You will still want to check for any folders in Documents, Pictures, etc.

This is why a list of files, folders and locations is helpful. On windows things are less clean and removal more delicate (ie registry).

#123 Allen Prunty

Allen Prunty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 01:36 AM

I am really trying to kick the tires with RM8 on my new Mac mini... it seems to be doing fine one moment and then has some sort of database error.  It gives the opportunity to send a bug report and I choose it... however it locks up and never gets that screen out.  I've let it sit for hours?

how can I send a bug in to get fixed when the bug reports keep getting stuck?

Allen

#124 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 05:39 PM

I am really trying to kick the tires with RM8 on my new Mac mini... it seems to be doing fine one moment and then has some sort of database error.  It gives the opportunity to send a bug report and I choose it... however it locks up and never gets that screen out.  I've let it sit for hours?

Allen

Allen, the reason a lot have given up and left RM 8

#125 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8792 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:51 AM

Allen

If you cannot use the envelope icon at the top of the program use this direct link - http://rootsmagic.com/preview/feedback/ 

Renee
RootsMagic