• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kaywashbrook

kaywashbrook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 09:44 AM

I have not used Rootsmagic To Go for a little while and wanted to update the files on it before using it in my new laptop.  When I open the program it shows a recently-created database on my C drive and that transfers to the USB key okay, the problem is with my two main existing databases.  When I try to transfer those it only shows the ones on the USB key which are out of date, for the C drive files it says "does not exist", yet when I look in my Documents folder on the PC they are clearly showing.  I have tried clicking on "Change Folder" but when I navigate to where they should be they're not there.  Help!

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1482 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 05:29 PM

rmgb backup or rmgc database?

I think RM-to-go only looks for the rmgc. If you've somehow deleted the two rmgc files, try restoring the two rmgb and then re-run RM-to-go

#3 kaywashbrook

kaywashbrook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 11:10 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, I don't think I had deleted the .rmgc files, I can still see them.  In the end I got round it by formatting the USB drive, re-installing RootsMagic To Go on it, and then transferring the files (which were the most up-to-date) to it from the C drive.