• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dutchman

Dutchman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:28 AM

First, I would like to say that I like the approach Personal Historian uses to create a family history. I am VERY disappointed though in the formatting capabilities of the software.  When importing pictures, I am unable to resize them, or place them exactly where I want. There is no print preview, I am unable to select the page size when entering data so I will know how it will look when printed, and they will overlay some of the text that accompanies the pictures, making the text invisible. It makes it totally unusable to publish. I am astonished that a program that has been around for a few years has not implemented even the most basic formatting tools. Anyone know when we can expect an upgrade so I can actually use this to publish a history?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8336 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:18 AM

Inside the story use File>Print>Generate Report to see how it will print. The print preview screen will appear. Before generating the report you can use the Layout button to adjust the paper size, etc. If you need to adjust the style of fonts being used for the database go to Tools>File Options>Styles. 

Click on an image to resize it. The small boxes around the image will allow you to click and drag to adjust the size. The Picture Tools menu will appear when an image is selected. This allows you to change the justification. However, you cannot move the image from its current row. That is on the enhancement request list. For now you would need to move the text to adjust it. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Dutchman

Dutchman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:53 PM

Thank you for your feedback. I will try it. Any idea when the next release is due to be released?

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8336 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:14 PM

We will not see an update to Personal Historian until after RootsMagic 8 is released. RM8 is our top development project right now. 

Renee
RootsMagic