• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 strongsails@yahoo.co.uk

strongsails@yahoo.co.uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:21 PM

I have on RM 7 two files, one recently arrived via email. There are only a few individuals common to both and I would like to be able to transfer their details without having to merge the entire files. This would result in a database of over 6000 individuals 49% of whom are of no interest to me.

Copy and paste does not seem to work.

Any other ideas?

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3611 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:44 PM

Drag and drop the people of interest between your two RM files, but be very sure only to drag and drop those people and not whole databases.

I would probably create a third database and drag and  drop only the people of interest from each of the other two databases into that third database. This should be very safe. For example, if you make a mistake and drag and drop everybody into your third database by accident, just delete your third database and start over again.

No matter how you do it, the common people will be duplicated and will have to be merged.

Jerry

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6268 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:51 PM

Be aware of the limitations of drag'n'drop. https://sqlitetoolsf...ransfer-losses/

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.