• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JMK

JMK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

I have resigned myself to the fact that I will need to individually deal with all of my TMG memos that are divided into two sections (which was useful in TMG because the program could insert the memo parts into different places of report sentences).  However, I have now come across an additional issue.  When I did a test import from TMG, RootsMagic somehow decided that the memos for some tag types (e.g., Occupation and Religion) would be shown as Descriptions for the corresponding RootsMagic fact type, while the memos for other tag types (e.g., Census and Residence) would be treated as Notes for those fact types.

It would be great if there were a way to automatically send a portion of each memo (e.g., M1) to Description, and the remainder of the memo (e.g., M2 + any M3 and M4) to Notes, but my guess is that this is not possible.  However, I am hopeful that there is a way for me (rather than RootsMagic) to decide whether  the TMG memos for a specific tag type will be treated as Descriptions or Notes in the corresponding RootsMagic fact type.

Can anyone help?

John Kuechle

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6179 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:38 PM

Something like this might help you after the import: 

Events – Move Short Note to Description 

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.