Photo

Suddenly *everyone* is changed in TreeShare!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 keithcstone

keithcstone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:16 AM

I use RM on both Mac and Windows. I primarily use Mac but there are some things that don't work on Mac, particularly with TreeShare.

So here's the scenario. I've been cleaning up an accidental merge. Apparently an Ancestor really did name their first son John and their second son Jonathan. Unfortunately trying to undo that merge left the RM John linked to the Ancestry Jonathan. The Unlink function on the Mac TreeShare doesn't work (like wise the delete in TreeShare).

So I close the database and decide to deal with the issue later. Today I open ed the database on my Windows 10 machine and opened TreeShare, and all of my "sync" activity was not recognized. Everyone in the database was "changed" even though reviewing the list most were showing no changes. 

Thinking it was a quirk with opening the DB on another machine I closed RM, went back to the Mac and opened the DB there and went into TreeShare and the same situation existed.

So now I face the possibility of about 18000 "clicks" to walk through the 9000 unchanged people and remark them unchanged before I can get back to the 50 or so that are really changed.

Needless to say I'm not very happy.

#2 mjashby

mjashby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:31 AM

I wouldn't give up hope yet that the issue might 'correct' itself given time. Ancestry may well be having wider problems with its synchronisation API.  Family Tree Maker seem to be into a third day of its synchronisation feature being totally blocked.

Perhaps something to do with Ancestry's Free Access weekend! Server overload?

MJA

"A Mac User with Windows Tendencies"

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8370 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 02:18 PM

27 Feb 2019 RootsTech begins. If history is going to repeat itself then from now until possibly the end of RootsTech (2 Mar 2019) you will see performance issues with the various major genealogy websites. They will be working to get new features online to showcase at RootsTech. I would not be surprised if a change in the backend of Ancestry didn't trigger all your people to appear on the changed list. 

Can you open your database on a PC and then use Options>Remove everyone from the 'changed' list.

Renee
RootsMagic