3 replies to this topic

#1 djc

djc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:51 PM

My dream would be........to see a direct line of desendents lists. Example, starting with my 9th great grandparents straight to me without all of the other descendents being listed and in a register format. Same for exporting a gedcom also with additional options. (FTM had something similiar to this but that was the only thing that I used on FTM) I constantly get questions on what is your direct line and I would like to be able to pick a beginning person and an ending person to create a quick list to send with email.

#2 wleague

wleague

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:19 PM

Lets make your dream come true. . .

1. Create a new, temporary database.

2. Drag and drop yourself with about 12 generations of ancestors (no children) to the new database.

3. In the temporary database, highlight your 9th great grandfather and from the reports menu > Lists make a descendants list for 12 generations.

4. That will be the direct line you're looking for. (The direct line is the only one that will be in the temporary database)

5. From the file menu, delete the temporary database. No need to leave the hard disk all cluttered up.

Wayne League

#3 djc

djc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:34 PM

My dream came true!!! Thank you so very much.

#4 Kevin Thorsteinson

Kevin Thorsteinson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 02:07 AM

I believe that you can generate the direct line descendant report between two people already as part of RM.........is in the reports list as the Relationship report, put in the start person and end person and it will generate the direct line between the two.........if that is what you are looking for.....