• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Murphyslib

Murphyslib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:33 PM

Can anyone explain why I'm getting this error "cant find RootsMagic.exe on E:\" I transferred a tree to my pen drive ok from RootsMagic To Go, but have tried to look at in 3 different laptops and I keep getting the same error on each of them.
Im using Full Version of Roots Magic6. Ive never had this problem before, I have separated my son-in-laws parents tree to give to them so the can see the work I have done.

Regards

Murphyslib

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8493 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:58 AM

Are you opening RM To-Go first and then opening the database?  If you click on the database it won't know how to find RM To-Go.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Murphyslib

Murphyslib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:34 PM

As I said, I successfully installed my tree on a pen drive, put the drive in another PC/Laptop double clicked the RootsMagic Launcher Icon it searched for my tree, then the error came up.

#4 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:59 PM

Windows may have assigned a different drive letter to the pen drive in the other laptop(s). If you press Windows-key-X you can select "disk management" which will allow you to reset drive letters.The settings are usually persistent, but there are a variety of things which can make them change.