2 replies to this topic

#1 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6268 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:09 PM

I've just observed some puzzling differences after a TreeShare download - all having to do with Marriage or Marriage Bann events. In one case, an Ancestry Source that must have been linked to the Marriage event in the Ancestry Tree at the time of the download has become disconnected on the AMT. It is linked to the Marriage event in RM and TreeShare Compare shows no such source on the Ancestry side. Browsing Ancestry shows it still in the Sources but connected to nothing while its Marriage event is now connected to what is called an Other Sources > Unsourced Citation with no data.

Another Marriage Bann event that matches on both sides shows the 1 source each has as different and a new source for the other. But they are the same source.

There are other weird ones. 

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8491 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:19 PM

Did you check the spouse?  Ancestry doesn't have family facts only individual facts. There will be a mismatch at times on what is added to the couple on Ancestry since they are dealing with two individual facts. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6268 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:20 PM

On the husband with the floating Ancestry Source and the undefined Other Source for the Marriage, the spouse is shown for his event. On the spouse's profile, the Marriage event names the husband and there is an Other Sources > Source Citation citing the same name as the floating Ancestry Source in the husband's profile. That Other Sources > Source Citation is what shows in RM as the only citation for the Marriage. The floating Ancestry Source is not shown in RM at all. Because it has the same name, I thought a disconnect had occurred. It is plausible that it was never connected to the Marriage in Ancestry.

I don't have time to look into the others but, because they are all couple events in RM, I anticipate there will be similar discrepancies between each individual's citations on the Ancestry side that are at the root of the reported discrepancies in TreeShare Compare.

Thanks, Renee.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.