2 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Landrum

Rick Landrum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:57 AM

I am receiving the following popup error message intermittently while using Tree Share to update Ancestry from facts in RM. As stated, the problem comes and goes, but I seeing it a lot today. I am not doing anything unusual, just standard  updates. I have been sending the error message as requested, but I receive no feedback, and the problem has not been fixed.

"Send Error Report to RootsMagic?

An error occured during communication with the Ancestry API. Although it is optional, you can send the error log to RootsMagic so we can track down what happened in order to fix the problem. Any information sent will only be used to fix the problem then deleted. Please provide details about what you were doing (steps) before this error...."

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Rick

RickL

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8369 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:11 PM

You won't get any reply to error reports you send in. They are not associated with your RM key or contact information. It's very possible your internet connection was not stable or Ancestry servers were having an issue. I haven't seen any reports of Ancestry issues so it must be your internet connection. Make sure you don't have two antivirus programs running in the background conflicting with RM access to the internet. Windows Defender can get turned on when there is an Windows update, regardless if you have your own antivirus software installed. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Rick Landrum

Rick Landrum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:38 AM

Renee,

That may be the problem, I'll check.

Also, the intermittent  nature of the problem would suggest an internet connection issue. I have not seen this recur in the past couple of days.

Thanks

Rick

RickL