4 replies to this topic

#1 nconway567

nconway567

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 08:17 AM

Hi,
I'm running the latest version of RM. I'm trying to update a tree I uploaded to Ancestry a few days ago. I only have a few changed users, but when I run Tree share, it runs through the checks (sorting names, database compare, etc), and at one point yesterday, it was collecting possible duplicates. It got to a certain point and then it seemed to start again. 

I tried to cancel the operation and I got an Invalid pointer error. I restarted, then ran Tree share again, this time it errored out with an "Out of Memory" error.  I have 16GB Ram so I should be fine.

So far, I've not been able to sync my RM with the changes I made on my Ancestry tree.

The actual error reads "Exception EInvalidPointer in module RootsMagic.exe at 000649BB Invalid Pointer Operation

Thanks!

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6043 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:04 AM

Have you run the File > Database Tools?

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1428 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:18 AM

And for memory issues, a reboot is always a prudent move.

#4 nconway567

nconway567

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:07 AM

Did all the Database tools, and rebooted. Does the exact same thing every time. It goes through collecting duplicates, starts over and never seems to finish.  When I click cancel, that's when I get the invalid pointer error. That shouldn't happen

#5 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6043 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:40 PM

Rename your database file or make a copy of it and try with the differently named file. If that doesn't work, you may have to submit your file to Support for analysis.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.