2 replies to this topic

#1 OliversBarn

OliversBarn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:03 PM

Hello,
I recently uploaded my family tree to MyRootsMagic Online, intending to send it to family members. I had to compress the photos in order to fit it within my 200MB limit. The photos are all attached correctly in the RootsMagic database but they do not appear on anybody's profile on MyRootsMagic Online, although they DO appear in the media gallery for some reason.

Also, very few people's Pedigree charts actually work properly. For most people in the tree, it only shows the person who's Pedigree Chart is being viewed, but does not show any of their ancestors.

Perhaps this is something that will fix itself if I give the site a bit longer to settle in, maybe it needs to render? Or maybe my family tree is too large for it to handle?

Thanks in advance for any help,
OliversBarn

#2 XFTMTeutopIL

XFTMTeutopIL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:01 PM

Photos that are checked as "Primary photo for this person" will not display in the RootsMagic online tree.  If you only have a few photos you can click the media tab for an individual, click "Edit Tag", and then clear the check for "Primary photo for this person".  I think this has to be done before you upload the tree.

This is one of the main reasons I export a GED file to FTM and upload my trees from there.  However, there are several steps I have to do to get the place & place details info to display correctly before I have a good GED file ready to export to FTM.

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6218 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:11 PM

I would think the opposite, that the photo must be marked as Primary for the person for it to display. Much the same as in the RM application, viz. this from 2013: Media - Set Primary Photo for Persons. However, I have not played with MyRootsMagic Online in years...

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.