2 replies to this topic

#1 bdunn

bdunn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:48 PM

Does anyone know of a way to easily remove unsourced facts for everyone in my database? After several merges, I have ended up with tons of duplicate facts and while I want to keep the ones with sources or notes, I'd like to kill off the others. Is there a RM way of doing this? If not, would this be difficult to do in SQLite?

Thanks!

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8491 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:34 PM

I think i would look at the what happened in the merge to create duplicate facts and start over. Usually duplicate facts happen when the information conflicts. Cleaning the place list can help. Make sure to merge duplicate places so they are not seen as separate places in the merge. That will cut down on a lot of the duplicate facts. 

As for removing facts without sources there isn't an option inside RootsMagic. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6268 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:47 AM

It is not difficult in SQLite to find sourceless, noteless events nor to delete them. The only tricky thing I can think of would be the care needed to clean out or consider any other related stuff that is now disconnected, e.g., media, webtags, places, witnesses.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.