• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FlemingIsle

FlemingIsle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:32 AM

I have several tress on ancestry, two of which I've imported to RootsMagic 7.  All these trees have common people, they are simply designed to have different people as the basic focus.

My question is: once imported to RootsMagic, can they be merged?

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6252 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:19 PM

Yes, you can combine them. The common people will be duplicated and need to be merged. The TreeShare connections will be broken between the combined database for 2 of the Ancestry Trees if not all of them. So you will want to upload to a new AMT if you intend to continue TreeSharing.

I would advise that you not jump into building the combined database until after RM fixes a bug I've just identified which breaks any possibility of an Ancestry Source downloaded to RM, then drag'n'dropped to a new database, being recognised as an Ancestry Source through the new db's TreeShare connection.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

Before you merge clean up your Place list so it cuts down on duplicate facts. You will want to upload a new tree so you are starting over and the sources will be new anyways. 

Renee
RootsMagic