1 reply to this topic

#1 ajtruckle

ajtruckle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:53 PM

Hi

Firstly, I assume that you create an access token to connect to my dropbox folder. But if it is like when I sync with Google or Outlook (using my own DLL applications I have written) you should be able to write your access token to a data file. It should also put there a refresh access token which last for much longer. Atleast it does for the two platforms I mentioned. This means that you are not constantly asked for the user name and password.

Also, offer ability to replace the existing database in the folder. Else it just piggy backs them all and I don't always want to do that.

Thanks for considering.

Andy

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8314 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:43 PM

The Dropbox API used to overwrite the current file by that name. Now it no longer does that but creates another file. That is not something RM can change.

I am not sure if the Dropbox API allows the login to be stored like the Ancestry and FamilySearch API's do. It is saving directly to the cloud and not to your local Dropbox folder. If you wanted to save to your local Dropbox folder, and not have to login, then use File>Copy and save it to the Dropbox\Apps\RootsMagic folder. You can also have it overwrite the current database by that name. 

Renee
RootsMagic