2 replies to this topic

#1 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3268 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:07 AM

I frequently read "how to I find......." on various forums and it needs to be recognized that the find logic is not always obvious to many users new and old. Also logic becomes a little more difficult to understand when the reverse is applied to unmark people. Many of the find requests are frequent and similar and could easily be pre programmed by Rootsmagic development, stored within the program and added to on request and need. This would help many users who find difficulty defining queries and extracting the information they need to report or Named Group.

I have been comparing other competitor software in the lead up to RM8 which I would also hope the developers are also doing and another long wish is for the ability for user stored finds which can be refreshed, back when RM4 came out we referred to these as dynamic groups but personally I would find it useful to have the ability to store complex queries rather than rebuilding them each time.

The screen shot below is from the competitor software I mentioned.

query.png

“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” -Bill Gates

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.5.8, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5 (in order of preference)

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#2 Trebor22

Trebor22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:40 AM

This would be a useful feature!

I seem to remember the suggestion being made in relation to 'new releases' some time ago (although I couldn't the posting), something like the 1939 register, many of us will have been searching for individuals likely to be in the register. A 'standard search' option would have been very useful :-) 

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8121 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:08 PM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list.

Renee
RootsMagic