Boninml

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:57 AM

Hi

Thank you for helping me 

I'm using RM ver 7.5.7.0

I'm doing some reports, and notice that the info for the "Preparer information" is empty

where do i put the information?  

Must be an easy one, but I can't find it.

Thank you again.

Maurice

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8206 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:08 PM

Go to Tools>File Options>Preparer to enter that information. It is a database and not a program setting. If you have other databases you will need to enter it for them also. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Paul Harris

Paul Harris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:32 PM

Renee, leads me to ask if there are any codes to access the preparer information in Source Templates? Could be extremely useful for address changes.

Paul

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8206 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:21 PM

Do you mean what you added in the Source List on Master Sources?  You could use Search>Find Everywhere. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Paul Harris

Paul Harris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:32 PM

I do not believe that is what I mean. Let me illustrate with an example I am thinking of, recently.

In setting up Source Templates for items such as Interviews I have conducted or Letters I have Received, the form contains name fields for the Interviewer or the Recipient. If I create Sources for each interview and letter I find myself entering my Name and Address info over and over again for each one. If I have a different address in the future I must edit each record. I could hard code the text for my Name and Address in each Source Template, requiring me to only edit the Templates to update the Address. However, if I could reference the Preparer Info about myself, i.e., [Preparer] and [Preparer:City], [Preparer:State], then I would only have to change the Address in one place, the Preparer Record, and it would permeate throughout all the Source Citations.

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8206 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:30 AM

That would be an enhancement request to use the Prepare information. I am confirming that is on the enhancement request list. 

One thing you could do to cut down on data entry is to copy a master source already on the Master Source List, like your interview template. The copy button is the third from the end. Then just edit it as needed. It won't update if changes are needed, it just helps with creating a new one with similar information filled out before. 

Renee
RootsMagic