• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tcluster

Tcluster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 11:54 AM

I use the fact type "Immigration to the United States" but when I print a narrative report I get "[NEED TO DEFINE SENTENCE:Immigration to United States]".  I didn't create this fact type - it came with Roots Magic - so shouldn't the sentence template be in the product as well?  I figure this problem must have come up before but I couldn't find it when I searched in Google.  Does anyone know how I can get this fact type's template?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8108 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 12:13 PM

There is a default fact type: Immigration. It has the sentence template: [person] immigrated< [Date]>< to [Place:plain]>< [PlaceDetails]>.

The fact type "Immigration to the United States" would be a user defined one, and that is why it's asking for a sentence template to be added. Under Lists>Fact Type List click on Edit to add a sentence template.  The other option is on the Edit Person screen under Options change the Fact Type to Immigration.   

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1410 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 12:13 PM

Actually, you seem to be mistaken. There is an "Immigration" fact type that is built in, as a standard GEDCOM element. It has a sentence of "[person] immigrated< [Date]>< to [Place:plain]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Desc]>."

If you have an "Immigration to the United States" fact type, that was NOT a RM built in element, and that's why it does not have a sentence. You must have imported a GEDCOM file that used that custom fact type.

Go to Lists > Fact Types and scroll to your "Im U S" fact type, then use the [Edit] button to go in and add an sentence to the Principal role.

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6000 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 12:15 PM

Synchronisation is awesome!

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3223 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 02:37 PM

Synchronisation is awesome!

Ah, but not perfect. Renee obviously hit "Post" at least a nanosecond before zhangrau!.

Jerry

#6 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1410 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:34 PM

What if Renee is on a shorter web path to the server? My electrons never had a chance to get there first. <whatever>

Edited 28 Dec 9:42 am

I defer to Renee's diagnosis :)

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8108 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:23 AM

I just type faster.  :)

Renee
RootsMagic

#8 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6000 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:52 AM

Great minds...

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#9 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3264 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:19 AM

Will the variations of standard fact types never end :D they come back to bite everyone eventually imo.

“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” -Bill Gates

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.5.8, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5 (in order of preference)

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root