• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chasdoty

chasdoty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 05:34 PM

I am consolidating and cleaning up sources.  Source manager tells me that I have sources for individuals' names.  But I never entered sources for names.  And I cannot get at them to delete or edit.  Seems like the first source I entered for a birth date or location has been linked as a source for the names.  Yet When I click on edit nothing comes up to edit.  Can anyone explain what I may need to do to delete or edit name sources which seem to be phantoms?

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6145 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:42 PM

Wait for RM8. No kidding. They are sources for the primary name fact that came from other systems such as Ancestry via GEDCOM or TreeShare, FTM, et al. They were imported as such but RM7 has no support for them beyond storing them and listing them in a Source List report. Full support as for any other fact is one feature that has been promised for RM8.

Or you could convert them to general sources for the person. See Citations Invisible - Reveal and Revert.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.