• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lpf1946

lpf1946

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:50 PM

I would like to see the Gazetteer added to the "Add new person" window to be able to select the proper places at that time and not have to change after person is added.

Leslie Fowers

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3482 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:18 PM

I understand your frustration with the Add Person screen and lack of Gazetteer support. But actually, I think it might be better if RM would basically abandon the Add Person screen. Instead, it might better if Add Person would put you into a blank Edit Person screen. The Edit Person screen is full function, including Gazetteer among many other things, and the Add Person screen has very limited function.

Jerry

#3 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3385 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:54 PM

I understand your frustration with the Add Person screen and lack of Gazetteer support. But actually, I think it might be better if RM would basically abandon the Add Person screen. Instead, it might better if Add Person would put you into a blank Edit Person screen. The Edit Person screen is full function, including Gazetteer among many other things, and the Add Person screen has very limited function.

Jerry

Interesting views with value, the Add Person screen was added iirc to try and speed data entry but like so many unfinished symphonies was left lacking in respect of things like Gazetteer and Place Details therefore becoming a hindrance rather than an aid.

I would agree with Jerry regarding scrapping it in favour of a blank Edit Person screen. I have been re-evaluating various software offerings and there is much RM could do to improve workflow. I would like to see the developers measure each common task with a stop watch with a click count and strive to improve on the best other offering on the market, too many things take far to long and too many clicks to complete imo.

“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” -Bill Gates

It's now time for discretion, trust, patience and support

User of Rootsmagic 7.5.9, Family Historian 6.2.7, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8363 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:23 PM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Add Person