10 replies to this topic

#1 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8121 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:30 AM

Due to recent unexpected FamilySearch API changes specific features in RootsMagic's FamilySearch Person Tools are not currently working. 

1. Unable to add RootsMagic Sources to FamilySearch. You can add FamilySearch sources to RootsMagic. 

2. Unable to create new Discussions. You can add or modify a current Discussion.

RootsMagic Development and FamilySearch are currently working to resolves these issues. There is no need to report these issues to RootsMagic or FamilySearch support. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8121 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 08:32 AM

It's looking like AutoMatch is part of the area effected in RootsMagic with the recent FT API changes. It has been reported. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 flaviodutra

flaviodutra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 11:17 AM

Hello Renee, thanks for creating this topic about this issue, unfortunately, I sent an email for support before :ph34r:.

Joss van Hurtere!

#4 SomebodySmart

SomebodySmart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 10:29 AM

FamilySearch does have its issues these days. It abruptly stopped accepting sources to individuals from RootsMagic, but continues to accept sources for couples. Whilst adding information through the web interface, I see the "HELP OTHERS" icon and when I click it, it logs me out.

#5 pbooth99

pbooth99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 04:36 PM

The current behavior of Automatch looks like it might be a Rootsmagic bug triggered by a change in the FS  API: 

1. If I download an ancestry tree that contains a few hundred people, and explicitly try to automatch I get zero matches.

2. I have both of the following checkboxes selected:

Tools -> File Options -> Enable FamilySearch  Support 

Tools -> File Options -> Match personm to FamilySearch when hints found 

3.If I have the tree open in the pedigree view and I navigate by slowly scrolling down the Index->Name list box

then as every new pedigree becomes visible in the right hand side, then I see the blank FS icon turn blue one at a time.  

4, I can speed up thi sprocess by creating a named group of people born after 1880 and just scrolling through that smaller list of people.

Its not pretty but its a poor mans version of automatch.

Peter

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8121 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:43 PM

I believe FamilySearch WebHints and FamilySearch Central use different APIs from FamilySearch. That is probably why it's

working using hinting to do matches. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8121 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:41 PM

RootsMagic Update (7.5.8.0) Available

We have released an update for RootsMagic 7 users, version 7.5.8.0. This update fixes a few reported issues with the FamilySearch tools.

7.5.8.0 - 4 January 2019
FIXED: Automerge in FamilySearch tools works again
FIXED: Saving sources to FamilySearch works again
FIXED: Creating new discussions on FamilySearch works again

If you haven't already downloaded the update, look for the "Update Available" indicator in the lower right corner of your RootsMagic 7 program screen, and click on it.

Renee
RootsMagic

#8 flaviodutra

flaviodutra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:58 AM

RootsMagic Update (7.5.8.0) Available

We have released an update for RootsMagic 7 users, version 7.5.8.0. This update fixes a few reported issues with the FamilySearch tools.

7.5.8.0 - 4 January 2019
FIXED: Automerge in FamilySearch tools works again
FIXED: Saving sources to FamilySearch works again
FIXED: Creating new discussions on FamilySearch works again

If you haven't already downloaded the update, look for the "Update Available" indicator in the lower right corner of your RootsMagic 7 program screen, and click on it.

It works! Thanks, Renee.

Joss van Hurtere!

#9 pbooth99

pbooth99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:03 AM

Thank you! This is a big time-saver.

#10 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8121 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:19 AM

There is an issue with the living flag. Unless the person has a death fact when added to FamilySearch they will be marked living regardless of birth date or living flag setting in RootsMagic. Development is currently working on this issue. Until we get another update out you can add a blank death fact to the person to get around this.

Renee
RootsMagic

#11 SomebodySmart

SomebodySmart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:37 PM

Well, that was rich. RootsMagic worked well with Family Tree. Family Tree changed the API. They did not announce that it would no longer work with RootsMagic. They left it to me to discover that FamilyTree was no longer accepting sources. Since they were once compatible and they were no longer compatible, of course it was the duty of RootsMagic to change its software and issue a new rev that works with the new API. Maybe FamilyTree should tell RootsMagic next time, eh mates?