2 replies to this topic

#1 Roger-Ohio

Roger-Ohio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 04:01 PM

Creating the files for a "Sharable CD" Since many folks no longer have CD player in their PC I am creating a folder with the files that are generated and will send them to my cousins with instructions.

When running a test review I noticed is that the root person is not the person I had selected when I created the GEDCOM.

When creating the GEDCOM I selected the person of interest then selected who should be included in the new database.

When I open the files that were created the start-up person is someone else from the database. It is a person in my cousin's family tree but I would prefer it open with my cousin.

Ideas?

RE Media

A folder "pictures" is created and it has the pictures of interest but the link from an individual to the media file in the pictures doesn't work. Did I miss something when creating the files?

#2 Roger-Ohio

Roger-Ohio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 08:59 AM

Well I fixed the Root Person issue. I simply neglected to make a new "Root Person" after importing the GEDCOM.

Still can't get the media files to be correctly linked to the person or events even though there is a folder "Pictures" that has the media i want to display.

maybe the issue is that the media needs to be in a specific folder for the viewer version of RM to work properly.  Hopefully someone understands where the media needs to be stored to work on the "CD".

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8202 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:57 AM

GEDCOMs don't contain media only links, so make sure you really have all the media that should be there. Check under Lists>Media Gallery that there are no red x's in the lower right corner for broken media links. If there are you need to add the media or repair the links.

Copy the entire Shareable CD folder to your CD or flash drive and the links won't be broken. 

Renee
RootsMagic