Photo

SQLite Error 1 - SqlDatabase: Cannot perform this operation on a closed database

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 teach3r

teach3r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:39 AM

Hi, I hope that someone can help please with this issue.

When I tried to close RootsMagic 7.5.7.0 I get a pop up stating: SQLite Error 1 - SqlDatabase: Cannot perform this operation on a closed database

I cannot close the program without going into task manager.  When I then reopen RootsMagic rather than giving me the option to choose which database to open, it automatically opens the last database.  When I try File > Close, I get the same error.  Whilst the database is open, the index of names in the left panel seems to be trying to update (i.e. for a fraction of a second the blue dotted wheel icon shows).

I have tried restarted my PC just in case but am still left with the same error.

Thank you for any help that can be given.

Regards,

Nic

Update: I went to file options to disconnect from external databases (i.e. disconnect from ancestry tree) and this has done the trick, however, I can't reconnect to Ancestry now!

Kaspersky Password Manager
Create a strong password for your account
CREATE
Do not show again

#2 matthancockuk

matthancockuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:55 AM

I have the same problem. Started today. SQLite Error 1.  The list of names keeps jumping up and down rapidly. I have tried all the database options in the File Menu.

Help!

Thanks

Matt

#3 tschlarm

tschlarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:59 AM

I'm also seeing this. I can also see the Index refresh about once every 5 seconds or so.

I also see an error dialog when trying to backup:

"SQLite Error 1 - no such collation sequence RMNOCASE."

I used all the DB tools to clean up the DB (compact, Clean Phantom records, etc) and it reported no errors.

This is pretty recent behavior. Happens when signed in or not  to FamilySearch. May be related to Ancestry TreeShare. Seems to be hung trying to sign in to Ancestry. Trying to close the Ancestry Sign-In dialog throws the pending Operations dialog. I can sign in to Ancestry on the web just fine.

RM v 7.5.7

#4 mgbaird

mgbaird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:45 PM

I just started to have the same problem (15 Dec 2018). Initially got the the error:   SQLite Error 1 - no such collation sequence RMNOCASE . I had to use Task Manager to get out of the program. Tried reloading RM program but no better. Now getting the:  SQLite Error 1 - SqlDatabase: Cannot perform this operation on a closed database, and have to close prgm with Task Manager.. What should I do?

#5 jbmccall47

jbmccall47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:48 PM

Ditto - started today -- can't sign in to Ancestry, trying to exit brings SQLite error 1, and flashing/refreshing of index every 5 seconds or so. Russian tampering?

#6 mgbaird

mgbaird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:53 PM

I just started to have the same problem (15 Dec 2018). Initially got the the error:   SQLite Error 1 - no such collation sequence RMNOCASE . I had to use Task Manager to get out of the program. Tried reloading RM program but no better. Now getting the:  SQLite Error 1 - SqlDatabase: Cannot perform this operation on a closed database, and have to close prgm with Task Manager.. What should I do?

I have disconnected from Ancestry - Tools>File Options>Ancestry>Disconnect from Ancestry Tree - and the problem has disappeared - no more Name Index flickering and can now backup. Problem appears to be due to Ancestry, and perhaps other genealogy DB, connections.

#7 gerwally

gerwally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:10 PM

Thanks for the fix as I was having the same issue and couldn't resolve it.

#8 matthancockuk

matthancockuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:36 PM

Disconnecting from Ancestry works, but I use Ancestry so much, I really hope and proper fix is found soon!  :(

#9 Dave in New Brunswick

Dave in New Brunswick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:52 PM

Likewise:

Ancestry Treeshare "Sign In" button will not open sign in page.
Index Name List is flickering (a jump) every 5 seconds.
Close RM (No Backup) generates an Error: SQLite Error 1 - no such collation sequence: RMNOCASE.
Program freezes.

I have disconnected from Ancestry, however my Index Name List is still flickering (a jump) every 5 seconds, and
Closing RM (No Backup) still generates an Error: SQLite Error 1 - no such collation sequence: RMNOCASE.

#10 Wallandj

Wallandj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:27 PM

Thank you for the fix. 

But note to others: after disconnecting from Ancestry as described above, I had to shutdown and restart RM7 to eliminate the jumping index.

#11 KaitlinB

KaitlinB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:46 PM

I think this is linked to Ancestry Treeshare - which has just been disabled by RM with the message

"Ancestry's API is experiencing login issues.  TreeShare has been temporarily disabled until this is resolved."

#12 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6111 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 04:39 PM

Lots of posts on FB about this issue. The RootsMagician posted a couple of questions to survey the situation. Somebody reported that FTM has a similar issue with its Family's Sync. Daiyu Hurst posited that it is a screw up by Ancestry with the introduction of two factor authentication https://www.facebook...18276608359885/

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#13 Wallandj

Wallandj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:30 PM

OK  I had this SQLite Error 1 problem and disconnected my Ancestry tree to unfreeze my RM.  Now that the problem seems to have been fixed, how do I reconnect the Ancestry and RM trees and get back to normal Treesharing?

Thanks.

#14 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6111 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:57 PM

You probably shouldn't have disconnected it from TreeShare. You cannot connect it to the Ancestry Tree again. You can only upload it to a new Ancestry Tree and any previously connected Ancestry citations will now be Other Sources and won't preclude being WebHinted all over again. I would suggest restoring your connected database from a backup.

SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#15 gerwally

gerwally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:25 AM

Ancestry hints are not working since disconnecting from Treeshare and uploading new tree to Ancestry.  Enable hints is checked and I am signed into Ancestry on RM.

Any ideas?

#16 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6111 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:29 AM

Ancestry suspends WebHints until there is some direct activity on the Ancestry Tree through the browser interface. So do some searching on persons in your Ancestry Tree on Ancestry.com. once you see Ancestry Hints there, RM WebHints from Ancestry will start.

#17 Wallandj

Wallandj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for your response yesterday on this matter, Tom.

So...you are saying that if I am not connected to Ancestry now and if I restore to a RM database that was connected to Ancestry, that I will be connected once again?  (Albeit with the older database used in the restore).

Thanks.

#18 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6111 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:42 PM

So...you are saying that if I am not connected to Ancestry now and if I restore to a RM database that was connected to Ancestry, that I will be connected once again?  (Albeit with the older database used in the restore).

Yes, restoring from a backup of a database that was connected to Ancestry results in a database file that is connected to Ancestry, albeit without any data added or other changes made since the backup.