• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jegates3633

jegates3633

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 04:38 PM

Is it possible to export the Family Origins database into a file that can then be uploaded into RootsMagic 7?

My mom has an old PC that is still running Windows Millennium. We have a copy of RootsMagic 4, but unfortunately it isn't compatible with Windows ME. We'd love to be able to export this plethora of data into a file that can then be imported into RootsMagic 7. Is this a possibility? Any tips and advice would be GREATLY appreciated! 

Thank you!

Jen Gates

#2 Bob C

Bob C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:04 PM

Family Origins could export a GEDCOM file that can be imported into RM7.

#3 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3422 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:08 PM

Rootsmagic 7 can directly import Family Origins version 4 and later databases. The folder currently holding the old database files just needs to be made accessible on the PC running Rootsmagic version 7. If there are two computers involved, You must copy the folder from old system to new system. Then:

File -> Import -> Family Origins (version 4 and later) -> <I know where the file is> or <Search for files>

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#4 jegates3633

jegates3633

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:33 PM

That worked! Thank you both so much!