1 reply to this topic

#1 SomebodySmart

SomebodySmart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:46 AM

I just recently noticed that after entering large numbers of marriages, building the framework for the vital records of my ancestral hometown, and entering the ones connected to my lines onto FamilySearch:

1.) I find that the bride's parents, or the groom's parents, are already on my lines and already connected. If the bride happens to be the one, I enter her first, because she is connected to her parents. Then I enter the groom. Then I enter his parents. That way, nobody is disconnected. I do all this after putting the marriage into RootsMagic 7.

2.) The names of the groom and bride, and the approximate birth dates, transfer when I add those persons to FamilySearch, but the marriage did not. That is a lot of marriage dates that could have been showing in FamilySearch, especially since the source is the marriage record.

#2 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:34 AM

You have to transfer the marriage from the Share Data panel, couple by couple. When you add a person from RM to FSFT, only the details for that person are transferred. Once both partners are matched, then you can transfer the marriage fact from RM to FSFT, but be careful if more than one partner appears in the Family Members part of the Share Data panel.