3 replies to this topic

#1 sue3

sue3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:45 PM

Hi - 

If a source or citation has multiple webtags, I can't see a way to easily sort them. And, the order they are in inside Rootsmagic (at the screen for adding/ editing webtags) is different from the order they are in once the database is online in myRootsmagic.

It looks like that at the edit screen, the webtags are in alphabetical order, but first by capital letters, then lower case. The order online appears to be the order that the webtags were entered. 

I really like the ability to show multiple webtags for one source/citation, but would like to be able to sort them more easily.

As an example, I have images on my Google Photos of 6 pages from a family Bible, and have 6 webtags linking to the photos. I would like to be able to sort them in the logical order without having to remember which order I'm entering them in - especially since the database itself shows them differently than they show online.

Am I missing something? If not, I would like this capability to be added.

Thanks

Sue

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8029 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:06 PM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 sue3

sue3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:43 PM

Thanks!

#4 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3173 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:11 PM

Thanks!

Being on the enhancement request list is not the same thing as a commitment to include the feature. Very few items that get onto the enhancement request list from this forum seem to make it into the product.

Jerry

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: webtags, sort, online