3 replies to this topic

#1 SomebodySmart

SomebodySmart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:55 AM

I downloaded and registered RootsMagic in 2015 and typed in the registration key but now it demands it again and I cannot find it. Why does it demand it again?

#2 SomebodySmart

SomebodySmart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:02 AM

I just phoned 1-801-489-3102 at 8:01 MST and all I get is a recording inviting me to navigate menus. I do not navigate menus. There is positively no excuse for programming an answering system to disconnect calls from customers who do not navigate menus. The machine should direct the call to a human when the caller will not select options. I don't want to select options. I want somebody to answer the telephone.

#3 John_of_Ross_County

John_of_Ross_County

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:41 AM

On the RM website, there is an option to request a fresh copy of your registration key.  I think it depends upon the fact that you still have your same e-mail address.

For what it is worth, both of my e-mail addresses lost their passwords this past weekend.  Also my permanently logged in RootsMagic online discussion group.  All I can think of is the change back from Daylight savings time as nothing else happened from Saturday to Sunday.

#4 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:44 PM

>>> I want somebody to answer the telephone. <<<

Yes, and I want to win the lottery and to see peace in the Middle East in my lifetime -- all just as likely. It must be a corollary of Murphy's Law that any paid activity that can be done by a machine will be.