#1 Cedric

Cedric

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 11:52 PM

Hello,

Is it possible to create a report showing given name, married surname and email address, for all persons descended from a given ancestor, who have any content in the email field?

I can print an address list, but that is rather voluminous, showing addresses, but the majority of the entries have no emai address.

Any assistance appreciated

Regards

Cedric

#2 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1658 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 09:20 AM

Have you watched the webinar/class from https://www.rootsmagic.com/Webinars/  No. 9.  I know the date is 2011, but the instructions are pretty much the same.  It is free.  Those webinars are very valuable for information beyond the Help?F1 menus and the book. 

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#3 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3662 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:49 AM

It is not possible for RM to produce the desired Custom Report.

This is not really a Custom Report issue. RM stores email addresses in its Address List, and RM's Address List is not integrated with the people in your database. The Custom Report feature only works with people in your database.

Jerry

#4 Cedric

Cedric

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:30 PM

Thanks Jerry, looks like I will just have to compile the list manually.

Any assistance appreciated

Regards

Cedric

#5 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3662 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 08:58 PM

I need to correct what I said above. It is true that the address list is not integrated into RM in such a way that you can create a custom report that contains address information. And you can't search or color code or make groups based on the address list. But you actually can compile the list you want in a different way (or something close to the list you want). Namely do the following.

• Lists>Address List
  • Print
  • Selected people addresses>Select    You will be in the standard RM Marking and Unmarking dialog.
  • Move to the ancestral person and click Mark Group
  • Descendants of highlighted person>Descendants and spouses>10 generations (or any large number of generations)
  • Uncheck the items you don't want
  • Generate Report

This may have been what you already did and found unsatisfactory, but at least it filters it to the descendants of a particular person. Also, you can uncheck to print email addresses, uncheck to print phone numbers, and the like. It appears that if a person has no address list data at all, they are not printed. It also appears that if a person has some address list data but you uncheck everything they do have, they are not printed. So this should be pretty close to what you want.

Jerry

P.S. I like the report better as a one column report, but you may prefer the default two column report or some other number of columns.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Custom Reports