5 replies to this topic

#1 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8039 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:26 AM

Reports appear to confirm there are no issues with running RootsMagic on the final release of Mojave, that a complete uninstall / reinstall cannot solve. It is rare to need to do a complete uninstall. 

A complete uninstall includes the CrossOver wrapper around RootsMagic as well as the program itself. The directions are below

1. Make sure you have a backup of any RootsMagic data files
  2. Delete any and all RootsMagic .dmg files from your computer
  3. Drag and drop the RootsMagic application icon to your trash bin
  4. In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder
  5. Type ~/Library/Application Support
  6. Drag the folder labeled "RootsMagic" to the trash bin
  7. Go to ~/Library/Preferences and delete the file called com.rootsmagic.rootsmagic.plist
  8. Drag and drop the RootsMagic 7 shortcut icon on the Dock to your trash bin
  9. Download and install the latest version of RootsMagic - http://rootsmagic.co...d/RootsMagic-7/

This will completely uninstall RootsMagic for Mac "and" the Crossover programming as well.

RootsMagicTV video: How to completely uninstall and reinstall RootsMagic on a Mac

Renee
RootsMagic

#2 Rooty

Rooty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:59 PM

Codeweaver just released version 18 compatible with Mojave.

Can mac users expect to get a fixed version of rootsmagic that will at last address the many issues on Sierra and High Sierra often blamed on retina screens?

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8039 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:26 PM

Just because Codeweaver's latest version is compatible with Mojave, doesn't automatically mean they resolved those issue in the wrapper they have created for RootsMagic. We will just have to see. It would be nice.

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 Robert-Leigh:Pritchett

Robert-Leigh:Pritchett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:18 PM

Thank you for the refresh for 11/11/2018.

The program is less clunky than before, but the access violations to FamilySearch are still very, very annoying. I have a visceral reaction to programs that hinder my workflow and I do not like having to keyboard sloooooowly so the program can keep up with me. I am on a fat pipe so it is not the bandwidth, but the way the program sits on my Mac (which uses a solid state Hard Drive, so there should be no speed issues) and heats up the chips so the turbo fan has to kick on only after a little bit into using RM7. 

RM7 under Win10 on my Mac is only a little less enjoyable when interoperating with FamilySearch. Please get the version 8 (Native Mac OS) out to us asap. 

#5 Rooty

Rooty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:17 AM

Renee:

Is there a new mac rootsmagic wrapper version that addresses some of the many problems? There is no newsletter announcement but the above comment sounds like there is (but with continued serious flaws).

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8039 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:18 PM

No new CrossOver wrapper has been released. CrossOver is still working on a number of issues we reported. 

Renee
RootsMagic