• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HowdyPez

HowdyPez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:37 PM

I'm a new user of RM [but not new to genealogy or software programs] and trying to clean up my main tree [that I had to unfortunately download from Ancestry].

I have many, many, unused place names. Having to delete them individually is very time consuming.  A button to 'Select All' or the option to hold the shift button and click multiple places at once to delete would be helpful.

I would also like to be able to select more than one 'orphan' [someone not connected to anyone else] to delete them all at once.

Thank you!!

Loving the program so far,

Stacie

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8477 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:00 PM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list.

If you drag n drop into a blank new database any places not being used will not come with it. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 bdunn

bdunn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 12:28 PM

I came here for this. I find it unusual that I can't easily select a lot of records at once by checking one item in a link, scrolling down, holding ALT or CONTROL and clicking on another item and it selecting everything between the previously selected item and the one I scrolled down to and selected.

Another possibly easily solution (or additional method) would be to be able to check a box with the space bar and then having RM7 automatically select the next record. A subsequent space would select that next item, and so on. Holding down the space bar briefly would also select a series in a short time.

Either would work fine for my needs. This is something I think about a lot in the Name and Place Cleaner tool area. :-)

Thanks!