3 replies to this topic

#1 sue3

sue3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 01:26 PM

Hi -

I'm trying to find the people in my database who have an entry in the Spouse notes field (and to see those notes). I'm referring to the line at the top of the Edit Person screen that says Spouse.

I've tried using the Individual List under Reports, and selected people by data fields. I think that choosing Note (general) "is not blank" returns people with the Individual General fact; and choosing Note (family) "is not blank" chooses everyone with any family note (like a Marriage note). 

I've created a custom report, but the only relevant choice is Note (general), which, again, is just the Individual General note.

Do I have this right? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8032 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:08 PM

I don't receive results either with a Note (Family) - is not blank. I can when I use contains and a word I am looking for. I'll report this to development. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 sue3

sue3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:23 AM

Thanks. I can manage with 'contains' for now.

Am I right that Note (Family) includes the note for the Spouse/Parents field as well as the notes for all the family facts (like marriage?). Is there a way to limit the choice to just the Spouse/Parents note?

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8032 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:50 AM

There isn't a specific search filter for the spouse/parent note. I do believe the Note (family) includes all notes shared by the couple.

Renee
RootsMagic