• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alaskalady

alaskalady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:03 PM

I am using RM7 on Windows 10.  I had used RM on Win 7 until recently and login worked perfect as did syncing, ect. with Ancestry.  I installed RM7 a few days ago and clicked on the little tree to get to the MRM login screen.   I used my ancestry email to login, no luck, so tried RM email addy, no luck.   Have tried every email and password addy that I could have ever used, same error, no luck.  I also tried to reset every password, same error cannot send to that addy.  At one point, I did something and got error saying that my registration number was already attached to another account!!!  not a clue which account.............   I can log in thru ancestry, but no control over editing person in RM.   I need to login and use ther RM

Please help!   Thanks  Karen

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6268 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:21 PM

There is no login to use RootsMagic to edit RootsMagic databases. MyRootsMagic.com is the webhost for RootsMagic clients to which they can upload a database for viewing (not editing) over the Internet. You do need an Ancestry.com account and have its login credentials correctly set in RootsMagic for RM's TreeShare to work with Ancestry. If you have misregistered your login credentials in RootsMagic, a program reset will clear them out: ctrl+shift+u.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8493 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:52 PM

If a reset using Ctrl+Shift+U and "Reset Program Settings" does not work with check if you firewall, antivirus or internet filtering software is blocking RM from accessing the internet. Temporarily turn them off to see.

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8493 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:56 PM

Ok, now I'm confused. Are you using TreeShare or actually trying to use Internet>MyRootsmagic? If you cannot reset your password for MyRootsMagic then send in a support ticket so we can check what you have setup.

https://support.root...us/requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic