• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mdriscol

mdriscol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:08 AM

When changing file captions in the media gallery view of RootsMagic 7 version 7.5.7.0, the captions do not change until you exit the media gallery and then reenter it. Only after reentering the media gallery do you see the updated file captions.

Mark

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:23 AM

Mine are updating so we must be doing something different. 

Go to File>Database Tools and run all options there in consecutive order. See if that makes a difference. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 mdriscol

mdriscol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:19 AM

Hi Rene, thanks for the response. I did that just now, and there is still no change in the captions displayed until I close out the Media Gallery and reenter it.

To get to the Media Gallery I selected Lists > Media Gallery, then clicked on the List button at the bottom to so I wasn't viewing icons, then clicked on the Sorted: File Name so I was viewing the captions in alphabetical order.

Mark

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 12:22 PM

I wasn't on list. Just refresh it by going to Thumbnails and then switching back. It will update then.

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 mdriscol

mdriscol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 12:36 PM

That does work, Renee, thanks. However, with that process you (potentially) have to scroll down to find again the place where you were working. It would be easier if the software could just show the change immediately instead of having to do multiple steps to find out if the change was made correctly.

Thank you,

Mark

#6 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3569 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:47 PM

Another related problem is that if you change to a different media file from within Media Gallery, the name of the file doesn't update on the screen until you exit Media Gallery and re-enter.

Jerry

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:40 PM

Added to development list. 

Renee
RootsMagic