#1 sandrabartman

sandrabartman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:33 PM

Hi there,

I have discovered many people with burials in cemeteries with the word Amish and/or  Mennonite in the name of the cemetery. I don't know if I should post my Gedcom on sites because of their minority status and possible vulnerability to unscrupulous others or discriminating practices or to try and get around it.  But I like knowing the names of their actual burial sites and would like to keep their names on RootsMagic.  What do you suggest?  

Sandra

#2 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:55 AM

Amish cemeteries are already online on different websites including Findagrave.com. I wouldn't worry about it if that's the official names of the cemeteries.

Search results: https://www.google.c...=amish cemetery

~ Debbie

#3 sandrabartman

sandrabartman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:56 AM

Alright, but what if someone looks at my family tree and realizes someone he or she has been with is a modern-day Mennonite and doesn't like their belief system?

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6174 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:33 AM

Within RM, you can set individual facts/events "private" and exclude them from the GEDCOM export.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: display, faith, cemeterys, facts