1 reply to this topic

#1 Jillaine Smith

Jillaine Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:10 AM

Yesterday, when I quit out of RM, the program froze after I selected Skip Backup. 

An error message popped up then disappeared (so didn't capture it). I tried quitting again and it seemed like it quit, but there was no backup message.

This morning, my RMGC file (the one that was involved in the freeze yesterday) won't open.

I can't use the sub-RM7 File: Open at all. In fact, as I'm checking, NONE of the sub menu's display. 

The "outer envelope" RM7 File:Open does work, but under "Recent files" does not include yesterday's RMGC file.

If I use its normal File: Open, I can navigate and find my RMGC file, but when I double click on it, nothing happens.  I tried opening another RMGC file (one I was not working on yesterday), and had the same result.

This makes me think that the "inner" RM7 app is not working.

I will try re-installing.

EDIT: When I tried to quit out of RM7 just now, nothing happened. I'm going to have to force quit. I think this happened yesterday too.

#2 Jillaine Smith

Jillaine Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:17 AM

i've re-installed my Feb 2018 download of RM7. I see it says there's an update available, and I realize that I'd installed this update a few days ago. Perhaps there's a bug in it?

When I opened the newly reinstalled RM7, it automatically opened up yesterday's RMGC file. I was able to File:Exit and skip backup without problem.

i think I'll stay away from the update for now...