Photo

British 1752 calendar changes

calendar old style new style Gregorian Julian 1752 Chesterfields Act Calendar Act

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dmedland

dmedland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:03 PM

Why are certain dates allowed that never existed in the British world, without a reminder prompt. Namely, there was no 1 Jan 1751 to 24 Mar 1751, and no 3 Sep 1752 to 13 Sep 1752. (Check my accuracy on this.) (ref.: https://libguides.ct...earch/calendar)  I under stand that the calendar changes that occurred in the English-speaking world in the 1750's had already taken place on the Continent, but it might be useful for clarity to receive some kind of message box to prompt one to check one's data. 

Also would be nice to be able to clarify "Old Style" vs "New Style" vs "Uncertain."

#2 DoninRiver

DoninRiver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:48 PM

Amazing, today asked a similar question regarding Julian and Gregorian dates.  I hope someone has some suggestions.  You might look at my post as a possible solution, but if someone has a better idea, I'm willing to consider it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: calendar, old style, new style, Gregorian, Julian, 1752, Chesterfields Act, Calendar Act