3 replies to this topic

#1 momakid

momakid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:32 PM

In FamillySearch Central I am signed in. (pic 1)

In File Options I have the login filled in. (pic 2)

When I click on the yellow bulb. (pic 3)

I get the WebHints popup (pic 4)

I click on the 2 under the total column (pic 4)

I get the FamillySearch Webhints popup (pic 5)

When I click on either of the two hyperlinks on the left side under pending hints (pic 5)

I get the FamilySearch login screen (pic 6)

Why do I have to log in again, when I am already logged in?

Is that the expected results?

If i check the Stay signed in for 2 weeks and i close the web browser, I have to sign in again.

If i keep at least one tab open, i don't have to sign in again. 

Why have the stay signed in for 2 weeks check box if it don't keep me signed in for 2 weeks?

I did the above steps after doing a Shift + Ctrl + u and still got the same results.

I found the solution. I had to do the following:

Settings > Acvanced > Content Settings > Cookies > Allow > Add > familysearch.org

(I am having difficulty attaching the screen prints using Ctrl + v or attaching a jpg file)

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5929 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:32 PM

You are restricted to posting the image URL in the Image dialog. So you have to upload your screenshots to a webserver. Postimages.org works ok. Be sure to use the direct link with a .JPG or .PNG ending.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 momakid

momakid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:50 PM

Awesome!! Thank you.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8039 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:00 PM

The FamilySearch Central login and the one under Tools>File Options>FamilySearch are separate features. You do not need the FamilySearch Central login to use WebHints. Once you are taken to the browser you will need to login there. It has no understanding that you are coming from a separate program where you are already logged in. Cookies can prevent the login from being remembered in the browser.

Renee
RootsMagic