#1 sandrabartman

sandrabartman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:40 PM

Hi,

I have been trying to import from FamilySearch Central by going to its icon, then pressing import and using one spouses FamilySearch ID, then choosing to import 1-3 generations for ancestors and 1-3 generations for descendants.  However, sometimes FamilySearch imports the children and ancestors and sometimes it does not. 

I have checked FamilySearch match and see how many children the couple had. 

Sometimes it imports them all after I see two at each of the names of the couple as two for each spouses and check them out.  I unlink one of the spouses to see the children imported.  I see no history of the person I have imported ever. 

Am I doing something wrong?

Sandra

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7956 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 12:54 PM

It depends on if you are importing ancestors or descendants. If its ancestors you will get just your direct ancestors children. It won't do that ancestor's second marriages, etc. If you are doing descendants you will get the start person's direct descendants for the number of generations selected. You won't get the step-children.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 sandrabartman

sandrabartman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:49 PM

Why do the number of spouses double and thereby create a need to unlink one of the spouses?

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7956 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:58 AM

The only way I've seen spouses double is if you don't match but add instead. On Import you have to make sure you are downloading into a new blank database. Then clean it and drag n drop into your main database. Otherwise you will get duplicates. 

Renee
RootsMagic