• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PatJ

PatJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:51 PM

When I am away from the internet (often) and web hints are still switched on, opening a RM database causes the program to keep re-trying to connect to the internet (cannot connect to Ancestry message) and does not give the option of switching off web hints or not connecting to internet.

Even if I immediately go Tools, File Options and turn off web hints, it carries on trying to connect (probably once per person in my database) and locks up doing that so I can't just ignore it.

The only way out is to terminate RM using Windows Task Manager.

Once I've managed to turn off the web hints and killed the RM task, I can restart it and work OK as it has then read that web hints are not required.

If I remember to un-tick the web hints box in the File Options before I go off internet, I don't have a problem. I don't have to sign out of Ancestry, just un-tick the one box.

Please fix RM to stop trying to connect to internet unless we tell it to carry on trying and please include a "Don't re-try" option in that error box.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7954 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:49 AM

This is in our enhancement request list. Though we have many more people that would be frustrated with it not automatically connecting while they are working and the internet connection is flickering on them. 

Renee
RootsMagic