#1 sandrabartman

sandrabartman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:39 PM

Hello

I noticed my clipboard when I am comparing my roots ancestor with an online person nothing happens with the clipboard.  What should the clipboard do and how do I activate it?

Sandra

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7956 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:10 PM

The only place in RM we have a reference to a clipboard is with FamilySearch, so I will assume that is your question.

In the FamilySearch Person Tools the RM person is on the left and the FamilySearch person on the right. You will see a small clipboard icon to the right of the FamilySearch person's name. If you click on it the FamilySearch ID is copied to the Windows Clipboard. The next time you use paste on the computer the FamilySearch ID will paste into that location.

The Edit Person screen has something similar under Options > Put FamilySearch ID on clipboard.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 sandrabartman

sandrabartman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:18 PM

Hi

I didn't realize Windows had a clipboard.

#4 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3088 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 07:29 PM

I didn't realize Windows had a clipboard.

If you copy and paste (or cut and paste), the place in Windows to which the data is copied is called the clipboard. You probably have used it lots of times without realizing that was what it was called.

Jerry

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: defaults, setting, living, sex, clipboard, comparison