3 replies to this topic

#1 tmduffy52

tmduffy52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 01:35 PM

I am getting the error message "Invalid Login". Please make sure your login and password are correct".

My login and password ARE correct. I am able to sign into FamilySearch via my web browser and all is good. When trying to log in using RM7 FS tool I can't get in. The user name and password are the same. What's up? This has been going on for many days.

Ted

P.S. I must admit I can also successfully log in using the FS tool from within Legacy Family Tree using the same user name and password.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8039 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:52 PM

What version of RootsMagic do you have? Go to Help>About RootsMagic and make sure you have 7.5.7.0. If not then you need to update to that version. 

Also check that your firewall, antivirus and internet filtering software is not blocking RM access to the internet. Temporarily disable them to check. 

You can use Ctrl+Shift+U in one of the main views. Select "Reset Program Settings" to clear any bad logins. Close and reopen RM and then login.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 tmduffy52

tmduffy52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:27 PM

Hello Renee,

I'm running version 7.5.7.0. It appears the Reset Program Settings helped as I can now access FS. It appears the refreshed RM accessed my existing RM database, but only 515 of my over 2,000 ancestors are "matched". It used to be 100% matched. Any ideas what happened and how do I fix this?

Ted

P.S. All of my names in the database have FamilySearch ID#s, so why would they not be matched up?

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8039 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 03:05 PM

There isn't anyway to remove the FamilySearch ID unless you use UnMatch on the Share Data tab. If you are seeing people no longer matched then I suspect you are using a different database. Go to File>Open>Search for a file to see where they are all located on the computer.  

Renee
RootsMagic