5 replies to this topic

#1 SomebodySmart

SomebodySmart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 03:15 PM

When I click on a source (left), nothing says WHICH source I just clicked on. When I go to add the source to somebody on FamilySearch,and explain why, I cannot compare my notes with the name of the source before adding the source. Tha identity of the source needs to be visible, same as the name of the person to whom I am adding it.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7956 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:25 PM

To the right of the source is a small blue icon with an "i". Click on it to view the source information. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 SomebodySmart

SomebodySmart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:13 PM

That does not work. I have five sources on the left, I click on one, and I start filling in what I am attaching the source to, such as birth, gender, etc. Now, if I get distracted, am I attaching the person's birth source or marriage source? When it says, Reason to attach source: I cannot confirm which source I am attaching.

#4 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:30 AM

That does not work. I have five sources on the left, I click on one, and I start filling in what I am attaching the source to, such as birth, gender, etc. Now, if I get distracted, am I attaching the person's birth source or marriage source? When it says, Reason to attach source: I cannot confirm which source I am attaching.

Yes, this is a real issue - I also have this problem and sometimes forget and say, for example, that I’m attaching a birth source to a death when it was actually to a birth. Now if I get “lost”, I just cancel and do the whole again, which is rather tedious.

Maybe the reason should be part of the previous panel with the reason prompt only occurring if a reason hasn’t already been supplied.

#5 SomebodySmart

SomebodySmart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:46 AM

Your suggestion is an excellent one. The user needs to glance quickly to double-check before submitting, which is not possible in the current configuration.

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7956 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:50 PM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic