2 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Landrum

Rick Landrum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:09 AM

I recently had an issue with a lost connection with Ancestry in Tree Share. Long story short, I had to download my tree from Ancestry and create a new RM tree. I am currently comparing my old tree, my new tree, and my Ancestry tree to get everything back in sync. While working on this I noticed that all of my media links in my old RM tree were broken. All the media in the new RM tree are linked OK. I tried to repair the links in the old tree but nothing happens. I can run the tool, but it does not re-link the media to my media directory. Both DB's point to the same media directory.

Can multiple RM DB's share a common multi-media directory?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Rick

RickL

#2 Bob C

Bob C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:57 AM

I have 4 databases sharing the same media directory and have no issues. All RM does is store links in database tables, Multimedia Table and MediaLink Table. Multimedia Table contains the path and name of the media along with a lot of other stuff, and MediaLink Table contains information to link the media to every person that the media gallery shows it is tagged to.

Could you have some corruption in yours that doesn't prevent RM from working? I suggest that you create a copy of the database by drag & drop to see if it corrects the issue or allows you to rebuild the links.

#3 Rick Landrum

Rick Landrum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:20 AM

Thanks for the response.

Since the post, I went back to the media directory setting in the data base with the problem and moved the directory up one level to the parent directory and it now works OK. I have my DB's and my media directory saved as sub's under a parent directory called "RM Data Files". As soon as I changed the media directory setting to that everything worked fine.

Rick

RickL