29 replies to this topic

#21 Rick Landrum

Rick Landrum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:30 AM

I too am seeing the same error. I've tried rebooting but no help. Like Tom suggested, I had created a new custom Ancestry link in WebSearch, and that works for some things, but not all. I'm leaving my TreeShare settings alone because I do not want to have to recreate the tree. Also, if I go directly to Ancestry, no problems, so it is not something to do with my Ancestry account. Hope RM gets this fixed quick.

Rick

RickL

#22 Flipper

Flipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:31 AM

Same thing for me. It says I am not signed in, I click the Sign in Button, it eventually Sends an error message, then the product Locks up and cannot be Used or Closed, have to CTRL ALT DEL to shut it down.

#23 Pilgers

Pilgers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:25 AM

I have the same issue especially the locked software until I use task manager (Windows 10).  I tried to add a small test tree to RM without linking it to TreeShare but the "Ancestry is not responding" dialogue box keeps returning so the test tree wasn't saved. I generally use Ancestry to hold trees and then use TreeShare to import into RM to check for errors and for report production.  My Ancestry trees seem fine so I'm not too worried about losing details but I don't want to do anything in RM that would feed back to Ancestry. As long as the Ancestry trees retain their integrity, I could just import the trees into RM once more when the issue is fixed although I do have fairly recent back-ups on my PC.

With regard to signing into Ancestry via TreeShare, I can't get the Sign in button to respond at all.  I have just closed RootsMagic via the task manager again and now I'm getting the following message:  Ancestry's API is experiencing temporary issues.  TreeShare has been temporarily disabled until this is resolved.

#24 gnlgymd

gnlgymd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:26 AM

Same thing here.  Every time I try to do anything i get a little dialog box appearing saying Ancestry not responding.  Took me several attempts through ending task on the task manager to get the program to stay working long enough to be able to go into Tools Options and uncheck the ancestry checkbox on the webhints.  Still getting the dialog box coming up and i can't really do anything on my tree because of the way I work (checking links on RM tree then synch trees).  Means a wasted evening for me really.  I just hope its fixed for the weekend.

#25 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8413 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:19 PM

The "Ancestry is not responding" message is due to the Ancestry API being down. Auto login is trying to reconnect in the background. Go to Tools>File Options>WebHint and uncheck Ancestry. This will stop WebHints from trying to login. Don't disconnect your tree, because the connection cannot be restored without a backup.

Renee
RootsMagic

#26 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6213 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:23 PM

I can only imagine the sound of wailing and gnashing of teeth among the support and development personnel of both RootsMagic Inc and MacKiev. Not again! When will Ancestry get control of their processes?

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#27 yakosey

yakosey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:39 AM

HI All, I'm new here so please bear with me. I recently purchased RootsMagic and have tried to login to Ancestry Treeshare but nothing happens, I have been in touch with Ancestry and Rootmagic, both gave me advice on what to do but nothing worked. RM have gone quiet and Ancestry says they have passed it onto the Tech department.

It's getting very frustrating

Any ideas that could help me?

#28 gramssearch

gramssearch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:42 AM

HI All, I'm new here so please bear with me. I recently purchased RootsMagic and have tried to login to Ancestry Treeshare but nothing happens, I have been in touch with Ancestry and Rootmagic, both gave me advice on what to do but nothing worked. RM have gone quiet and Ancestry says they have passed it onto the Tech department.

It's getting very frustrating

Any ideas that could help me?

Sorry that your first experience is not going well. The sync between Ancestry and RM had been broken a bit ago, then repaired, and now it's broken again. Fingers crossed that they get it figured out soon!

#29 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8413 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:06 PM

Did you have RM support test using your login?

Renee
RootsMagic

#30 gramssearch

gramssearch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:26 AM

Did you have RM support test using your login?

Thanks Renee. I didn't know this was possible. But just 'tested' my RM7 and it seems to be working fine today. hmmm... maybe it was just too cold the other day :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tree Share, Connection Lost