• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Leroy60

Leroy60

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:29 AM

Hi there, Im a newbie on RM and doing a bit of an explore. Ive found that a few of my records have somehow become duplicated. Ive run the Tool to identify duplicate records, but get an error (SQLite error 5) when trying to merge the records from the list.

Then, when I exit the page I get an error which tells me it cant detach the database.

Attempts to re-run the Tools/Merge/Duplicate Search Merge ... routine then give me an error:

Cannot create file C:\Users\David\Documents\(filename).DUP

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5824 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 05:23 AM

The .DUP file is a SQLite database file created by the RM Duplicate Search Merge process to record those pairs that you mark as "not a match" so that they are not offered as potential matches in the future. SQLite error 5 'database is locked' indicates that another SQLite write transaction has not freed its exclusive write lock on the database (only one writer is allowed) or that a foreign process has put a OS lock on it. The former could be from an unfinished RM thread; closing RM should clear it. The latter could be caused by antivirus scanning, Dropbox et al active sync or other background backup. Suspending them is the workaround but remembering to do so is risky. The working database should not reside in a folder that Dropbox et al is set to sync.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3149 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:23 AM

I always pause Dropbox sync when using Rootsmagic and this error seems to be getting more prevalent if anything, I do use DSM quite a lot though.

"Never, for the sake of peace and quiet, deny your own experience or convictions"

— Dag Hammarskjold

Current user of Rootsmagic version 7.5.7.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 and Legacy 7.5 on Win 10

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root